Professional Teaching Framework
Indicators of Professional Knowledge
- know their content and how to teach that content to their studentsunderstand curriculum documents, policies and programs associated with the content they teach
- know their students and how their students learn
- program to meet a range of individual needs and abilities
- build knowledge through professional learning and development.
Indicators of Professional Practice
- plan, assess and report for quality learning
- create and maintain an inclusive, supportive and challenging learning environment through the use of effective classroom management skills
- use a range of strategies, technologies, activities and resources to engage students in their learning
- provide a learning environment that encourages students to take responsibility for their own learning
- engage in reflective practice to enhance teaching and learning.
Indicators of Professional Relationships
- communicate effectively with students
- work cooperatively with colleagues to support teaching and learning
- develop respectful relationships with students from diverse backgrounds
- plan and implement meaningful learning that builds on the knowledge and skills developed through the family and the community
- work productively with parents, carers and the wider community to support students.
Indicators of Professional Attributes
- demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- are passionate and committed to teaching and learning
- are resilient and have capacity to respond positively to change
- display ethical behaviour and responsibility
- are actively engaged in their profession, their school and the wider community.