Step into the Limelight, the Territory’s creative and performing arts showcase event for public schools began in 2007 and has grown to become the largest youth Arts event in the ACT. More than 1600 students from over 65 public schools from Pre School to Year 12 will work closely with professional artists, tertiary institutions and arts organisations to develop outstanding artistic works for the show. The performance is held at the AIS Indoor Arena.
The aims of Step into the Limelight are:
- Promote ACT Public education through the Creative Arts.
- Showcase a range of quality art works inclusive of all school sectors.
- Provide enriched learning experiences for students.
- Provide quality teacher professional development through collaboration.
On behalf of the Minister for Education, Shane Rattenbury MLA, the Education Directorate is proud to present Step into the Limelight, the ACT's Public Schools Spectacular. This year Step into the Limelight will involve two events:
- Art Exhibition held at the ANU School of Art Gallery 26 July - 6 August 2016.
- Gala Performance held at AIS Arena 25-26 August 2016
- Tickets for the Gala Performance will be available through Ticketek from 1 August.