Food and Drink Guidelines
The ACT Public School Food and Drink Policy 2015 is a key component of the ACT Government's Towards Zero Growth Healthy Weight Action Plan. The policy replaces the School Canteens Policy 2012 and the School Canteens Policy Implementation Procedures 2012.
The policy was developed in consultation with nutrition experts, parents and carers, students, and the broader community.
A suite of fact sheets have been developed to help school communities understand and implement the policy (available below).
The ACT Public School Food and Drink Policy 2015 and associated resources promote a whole school approach to the provision and sale of healthy food and drinks, and will support children to develop healthy eating and drinking habits from an early age.
The ACT Public School Food and Drink Policy is available on the Directorate’s Policies page.
- ACT Public School Food and Drink Policy 2015 fact sheet
- Amber food and drink items fact sheet
- Canteen Licences fact sheet
- Choose Tap Water fact sheet
- Food Labelling in Canteens fact sheet
- Fresh Tastes: Healthy food at school fact sheet
- Green food and drink items fact sheet
- Healthy Lunchboxes fact sheet
- Healthy Treats fact sheet
- Red food and drink items fact sheet
- Resources for Canteens fact sheet
- Resources for Families fact sheet
- Resources for Schools fact sheet
- Sugary Drinks are Phased Out fact sheet
- The Healthy Weight Initiative fact sheet
- The Traffic Light System in Schools fact sheet