The ACT Education Directorate Annual Report 2017-18 must comply with the 2017 Annual Report (Government Agencies) Notice 2017 (the Directions). The Directions are found at the ACT Legislation Register: www.legislation.act.gov.au.
The Compliance Statement indicates the subsections, under the five Parts of the Directions, that are applicable to the Education Directorate and the location of information that satisfies these requirements.
Part 1 Directions Overview
The requirements under Part 1 of the Directions relate to the purpose, timing and distribution, and records keeping of annual reports. The 2017-18 Education Directorate Annual Report complies with all subsections of Part 1 under the Directions.
In compliance with section 13 Feedback, Part 1 of the Directions, contact details for the Education Directorate are provided within the 2017-18 Education Directorate Annual Report to provide readers with the opportunity to provide feedback.
Part 2 Directorate and Public Sector Body Annual Report Requirements
The requirements within Part 2 of the Directions are mandatory for all directorates and public sector bodies and the Education Directorate complies with all subsections. The information that satisfies the requirements of Part 2 is found in the 2017-18 Education Directorate Annual Report as follows:
- A. Transmittal Certificate, page 5;
- B. Organisational Overview and Performance, inclusive of all subsections, page 6; and
- C. Financial Management Reporting, inclusive of all subsections, page 136.
Part 3 Reporting by Exception
The Education Directorate has nil information to report by exception under Part 3 of the Directions for the 2017-18 reporting period.
Part 4 Directorate and Public Sector Body Specific Annual Report Requirements
The following subsections of Part 4 of the Directions are applicable to the Education Directorate and can be found within the 2017-18 Education Directorate Annual Report:
- F1. Investigation of Complaints, page 253; and
- I. Ministerial and Director-General Directions, page 256.
Part 5 Whole of Government Annual Reporting
All subsections of Part 5 of the Directions apply to the Education Directorate. Consistent with the Directions, the information satisfying these requirements is reported in the one place for all ACT Public Service directorates, as follows:
- N. Community Engagement and Support, see the annual report of the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate;
- O. Justice and Community Safety, including all subsections O.1 – O.4, see the annual report of the Justice and Community Safety Directorate;
- P. Public Sector Standard and Workforce Profile, including all subsections P.1 – P.3, see the annual State of the Service Report; and
- Q. Territory Records, see the annual report of the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate.
ACT Public Service Directorate annual reports are found at the following web address: http://www.cmd.act.gov.au/open_government/report/annual_reports
As required by Australian Auditing Standards, the ACT Audit Office checks financial statements included in annual reports (and information accompanying financial statements) for consistency with previously audited financial statements. This includes checking the consistency of statements of performance with those statements previously reviewed (where a statement of performance is required by legislation).