The Directorate is identified against seven pieces of legislation in the Administrative
- ACT Teacher Quality Institute Act 2010 which was notified on 20 December 2010 and commenced on 1 January 2011
- Board of Senior Secondary Studies Act 1997
- Building and Construction Industry Training Levy Act 1999
- Canberra Institute of Technology Act 1987
- Education Act 2004
- Training and Tertiary Education Act 2003
- University of Canberra Act 1989.
The Canberra Institute of Technology, the University of Canberra, and the Building and Construction Industry Training Fund Authority are not part of the administrative unit of the Directorate. Therefore, the Director-General has no direct responsibility or powers delegated by the Minister for Education and Training in respect of the Canberra Institute of Technology Act 1987, the University of Canberra Act 1989 and the Building and Construction Industry Training Levy Act 1999.
Amendments to the legislation notified during the reporting period are as follows: Education Act 2004 amended by Education Amendment Act 2010 (No 2), notified 6 July 2010.
For more information contact:
Information, Communications and Governance
(02) 6205 7661