As of 1 July 2015 the Education Act 2004 was amended to allow the Minister to establish school education advisory committees as required to advise the Minister about school education or related matters for a specified period.
School Education Advisory Committee - Digital Citizenship
From July 2015 to December 2015 the Minister established the School Education Advisory Committee - Digital Citizenship to provide advice on:
"Opportunities to strengthen the partnership between parents and schools to enable the setting of consistent and high expectations for the use of ICT by students and teachers in the ACT"
Terms of Reference
Report of the School Education Advisory Committee - Digital Citizenship
- Mr Craig Curry - Chair
- Mr Alastair MacGibbon - Australian Children’s e-Safety Commissioner
- Ms Samantha Yorke - Google, Public Policy and Government Affairs
- Ms Charuni Weerasooriya - Parent representative and former President of the Association of Parents and Friends of ACT Schools Inc.
- Ms Belinda Bartlett - Principal, Alfred Deakin High School
- Mr Matthew Purcell - Information and Software Technology Teacher, Canberra Grammar School, Microsoft Leading Educator 2014
- Mr Thomas Duck - Student, Mount Stromlo High School
- Mr Mark Huxley - Chief Information Officer, Education Directorate