Evaluation of Early Childhood Schools and the Koori Preschool Program
The Directorate is committed to all children having access to high quality early childhood education and care, and that the Early Childhood Schools and Koori Preschool program continue to meet intent of the Early Childhood Schools: A framework for their development as learning and development centres for children (birth to eight) and their families.
In mid 2015, the Directorate engaged a consortium of researchers from the Centre for Educational Research at Western Sydney University to undertake an evaluation of Early Childhood Schools and the Koori Preschool Program.
This followed the 2012 ACT Auditor General’s Performance Audit into Early Childhood Schooling and the Directorate’s subsequent implementation of the recommendations of the Auditor General’s Report throughout 2013-14.
The Evaluation focused on the recommendations of the Auditor-General’s Report and references the following key areas:
- integrated service delivery
- high quality programs and practice
- family support and participation
- access for vulnerable and disadvantaged students
- achievement of student outcomes
- sustainability of governance models, leadership structures and resourcing.