2020 Early Childhood Degree Scholarship Program
The Early Childhood Policy and Regulation Branch of the ACT Education Directorate is committed to increasing the number and profile of degree-qualified educators in the ACT. This includes a focus on increasing the number of degree qualified Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander early childhood educators to ensure children have access to inclusive and culturally appropriate education and care programs that embed Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives.
In addition to the 2019 Early Childhood Degree Scholarship Program, the 2020 Early Childhood Degree Scholarship Program has commenced. This Program will provide individuals who are working in the ACT Non-Government education and care sector financial assistance to gain an approved early childhood degree qualification. Individuals who are of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
The 2020 Early Childhood Degree Scholarship Program offers:
- Funding of up to $25,000 per scholarship, for full time or part time study
- Encouragement to Employers to contribute to the funding, enabling higher numbers of scholarships to be offered
- Funding to employers to backfill staff while they are on study placement
- Funding to employers for students to attend a four-week placement in CECA in final year of study and
- Early Childhood Degree Scholarship Program Deed between student, employer and ACT Government
For more information about the 2020 Early Childhood Degree Scholarship Program, including how to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and an application pack will be sent to you.
All applications will be assessed once the application period closes on 31 January 2020.
ACECQA provides a range of resources to support the role of the educational leader in early childhood education and care services.
The resources are grouped under each quality area of the National Quality Standard, with the Quality Area 1 resources being particularly useful in leading the development and implementation of the educational program and assessment and planning cycle at your service.