New Enterprise Agreements (Teaching Staff)
The ACT Public Sector Education and Training Directorate (Teaching Staff) Enterprise Agreement 2014-18 (the Agreement) nominally expires on 30 September 2018 and bargaining for a new Agreement has commenced on 31 January 2018.
Information updates for employees will be placed on this page throughout the bargaining, voting and approval process.
Enterprise Agreement (EA) Updates
- On 24 August 2018, the Minister for Education and Early Childhood Development met with the AEU and representatives from the Directorate and Chief Minister Treasury and Economic Development Directorate (CMTEDD) to frame the upcoming negotiations, including the identification of shared priorities. Bargaining meetings with the Australian Education Union (AEU) for a replacement enterprise agreement will commence in 28 August 2018.
- The proposed ACTPS Education Directorate (Teaching Staff) Enterprise Agreement covers employees that are employed in the Directorate within the following classifications:
- Classroom Teacher (New Educator, Experienced Teacher 1 and 2)
- School Leader C (Executive Teacher)
- School Leader B (Deputy Principal)
- School Leader A (Principal)
- School Network Leader
- Associate (1st and 2nd year of placement)
- School Psychologist (New School Psychologist, Experienced School Psychologist 1 and 2)
- Senior Psychologist
- Manager (Psychologist)
- Casual Teacher (1 and 2)
- Casual Intern
Notice of Employee Representational Rights
In accordance with the Fair Work Act 2009 (the Act), the ACT Government is required to provide all teaching staff employed by the Education Directorate with a Notice of Employee Representational Rights (the Notice):
- Education Directorate (Teaching Staff) Enterprise Agreement – Notice of Employee Representational Rights (22kb)
Staff who wish to appoint a bargaining representative should provide details of their appointed representative in writing including full contact details for the representative (name, contact number and email address), so that they can be informed of scheduled meetings and other relevant information. These details must be sent to:
Mr Russell Noud
GPO Box 158 Canberra City ACT 2601
Should you wish to discuss the contents of the Notice of Representational Rights please contact People and Performance below:
- Michelle Tranda at email@example.com or on telephone 620 57390
- Kristine Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org or on telephone 620 59145.
For Further Information and Enquires
During the bargaining process Education Directorate staff and bargaining representatives will be able to direct their issues or queries to the Workplace Relations team at email@example.com.