Each school determines its own uniforms and dress standards. Most schools have a uniform or a colour code.
School uniforms promote a sense of belonging among students, make school clothing more affordable, promote the safety of students through easier identification and help students learn the importance of appropriate presentation.
Schools work with their community to ensure that uniforms:
- are comfortable, hard-wearing and affordable for families
- provide adequate sun protection
- are suitable for all students regardless of gender identity, preferred presentation, ethnicity, religion, age, pregnancy or body shape
- are appropriate for students with disabilities
- are sourced from ethical producers
- comply with all health and safety, human rights and anti-discrimination laws.