Accepting an Offer of Enrolment/Transfer
- Parent Guide
- How Enrolment/Transfer is Organised in the ACT
- How Enrolment/Transfer Applications are Decided
- Accepting an Offer of Enrolment/Transfer
Once you have received an offer of enrolment/transfer, it is necessary to accept the offer by arranging a school visit where you will complete the required paperwork and provide:
- proof of your child’s identity and date of birth (birth certificate)
- proof of your child’s residential address (for example: residential lease, electricity /utilities account
NB: a driver’s licence is not accepted as proof of residence)
- copies of any family law or other relevant court orders
- immunisation history
- Emergency Treatment Plan if required.
If the offer of enrolment/transfer is not your school of choice, you may request a review of the enrolment decision.
It is advisable to accept the initial enrolment offer in case the review of the enrolment decision is not successful.
Review and Appeal Processes
Where an application for enrolment/transfer or an application for enrolment in a specific school has been unsuccessful, applicants may seek a review of the decision.
The criteria for enrolment/transfer detailed within the How Enrolments/Transfer Applications are Decided webpage will be used as the basis for review. The review will be conducted by the declined school.
Requests for review should be emailed directly to that school.
If the review of the enrolment/transfer decision is not successful at the school, you may appeal the decision through an external review.
The appeal process will be conducted by a nominated School Network Leader and a school principal.
The principal from the school subject to the appeal will be invited to provide information to the panel. The appeal process will consider the grounds expressed in the original enrolment application and any further supporting evidence the appellant has provided.
Requests for appeals should be made in writing to:
Letters of Appeal
Office for Schools
PO Box 158 CANBERRA ACT 2601
If the appellant is not satisfied with the process or outcome they may consider further action through:
- Progress of applications for enrolment/transfer, please phone the relevant school found on the Directory of Schools page
- Enrolment process: Online: Education Directorate Contact Form via Access Canberra, Phone: (02) 6205 5429
- Enrolment appeals: Officeforschools@act.gov.au Phone: (02) 6205 7194
- Students with a disability programs and specialist schools: Phone: (02) 6205 6925
- Early childhood education: (02) 6207 1961
- Early entry: DET.Consultation@act.gov.au Phone: (02) 6207 1961
- Enrolment for New South Wales residents: Officeforschools@act.gov.au Phone: (02) 6205 7194
- International student enrolments: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (02) 6205 9178
- Home education: Online: Education Directorate Contact Form via Access Canberra, Phone: (02) 6205 9299
- Exemption certificates: ExemptionCerts@act.gov.au Phone: (02) 6207 7459