Study Tour Program
Students from around the world are welcome to participate in the Canberra Government Schools Study Tour Program. The program offers invaluable education and cultural experiences for primary and secondary students in the heart of Australia's Capital City - Canberra.
The program offers an ideal mix of academic and rich cultural experiences in Canberra and surrounds. Students will have the opportunity to improve their English language skills and develop a greater appreciation and understanding of Australia's unique and eclectic culture.
The duration of each study tour program is usually two to three weeks. However, the program can be customised to suit the needs of visiting students and hosting schools. Larger groups can be hosted across a number of schools in Canberra.
- Minimum group size is 10 students.
- Large groups can be hosted by two or more schools.
- Students must be at least 10 years old.
- Intensive English is taught at host schools by qualified English as Second Language (ESL) teachers.
- Classroom integration with local Australian students ensures a valuable educational experience in an Australian classroom.
- High quality classes and extra-curricular activities.
- Possible lecture experiences for older students at the Australian National University (ANU) and the University of Canberra (UC).
Students have the opportunity to:
- immerse themselves in Australian culture by interacting with teachers, classmates, and homestay families.
- stay with a local homestay family and experience authentic Australian family life.
- explore Canberra through excursions to destinations of cultural, historical, and social interest, such as Parliament House, the Australian War Memorial and the National Museum of Australia.
- as an optional extra, explore Sydney's famous attractions, including the Sydney Opera House, Darling Harbour, Taronga Zoo and Manly Beach.
Accommodation – Homestay and Dormitory
Students will live with a caring and supportive family from the school community. Each homestay family will cater three meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner). On weekends, the student is invited to join in normal family activities to experience aspects of Canberra lifestyle whilst practicing their English language skills. Homestay accommodation can also be arranged for accompanying teachers if required. There is also the option of dormitory style accommodation in Canberra.
The cost of each Study Tour Program is based on the program length, academic content and selected activities. Please send us an enquiry email and one of our staff will provide you with a tailored program itinerary and the associated costs within three working days.
International Education Unit
ACT Government Education Directorate
GPO Box 158
Canberra ACT 2601
Phone: +61 2 6207 7281
CRICOS Registration Number: 00643J