Transitions and Careers Officers
Transitions and Careers Officers hold a career qualification and are attached to each ACT public college and Melba Copland Secondary School. These officers assist with the transition of students into and out of the college sector and improve students’ access to career development services and vocational learning.
The Transitions and Careers Officers have developed a range of programs to support students by:
- assisting the transitions of students into and out of the college sector
- improving student access to career development services and vocational learning
- contributing to the integration of careers education and vocational learning within the college curriculum
- providing students with an understanding of career management skills and the core (non technical) skills required for the world of work
- assisting students with vocational learning pathways
- building school and community partnerships to enhance student career development.
For information about the support available at your child’s school contact the Transitions and Careers Officer by phoning the school’s reception during business hours.