Years 1 – 2
Lesson 9: Everyone, Everyday can Feel Included!
Downloadable Reference Materials
- Lesson 9 Activity 2 – Three Things (87.9 kb)
Lesson 9 Activity 2 – Three Things (54.5 kb)
- Lesson 9 Everyone Everyday (100 kb)
Lesson 9 Everyone Everyday (172 kb)
1. Lesson Overview
Length of Lesson
- 45 mins
Prior Knowledge (What Should the Teacher Have Already Covered)
- All lessons of unit.
- Copy of "101 ways" book
- We can all take action to include people with disability in daily activities.
- LO1: Students apply their knowledge and understanding of inclusion to formulate ideas on how to take action to create inclusive communities.
2. Australian Curriculum Links
HPE Subject Area Years 1 and 2
- ACPPS019: Describe ways to include others to make them feel that they belong
General Capabilities by the End of Year 2 (Level 2)
Critical and Creative Thinking
- Imagine possibilities and connect ideas: build on what they know to create ideas and possibilities in ways that are new to them
Assessable moments: As students undertake the learning experiences described in the lesson, take note of a range of assessable moments to provide information about student achievement. Ongoing assessment will provide evidence of the extent to which students achieve the identified Australian Curriculum links. Assessable moments are linked to learning outcomes and are identified by the following identifier: LO (insert number)
3. Lesson Plan: Suggested Sequence of Learning Experiences
|Format||Lesson Plan: Suggested Sequence of Learning Experiences|
|Intro 10 mins|
Welcoming activity (see lesson 1)
State the learning intention: Today we are going to look back on what we have learned about including everyone, everyday in daily activities, and come up with ideas on how we can all take action to make sure everyone feels included. We will first discuss what we have learned about including people with disability in daily activities, and then record our ideas using words and pictures.
Activity 1: What Ideas Do I Have?
In the Everyone, Everyday program, we have been looking at how important it is to include people with disability in day to day activities. Everyone can make a difference, no matter how big or how small, to make people with disability feel included in their community. Remember, everyone wants to feel included, and we all have the right to feel welcome at our school and in our community whether we have a disability of not.
Let’s look at some ideas of other students about ways to include people with disability.
Refer to book, “101 Ways To Include People With Disability’ to generate discussion.
Task: Students generate ideas and produce a new entry for the book.
To conclude the unit, display the students’ entries in the classroom or elsewhere in the school.
|Conclusion and Reflection 5 mins|
LO1 Class discussion - finish with these 2 questions:
What did you learn today?