Learning Difficulties Factsheets.
- Factsheet 10: Explaining Dyslexia to Your Child (507.2 KB)
- Factsheet 1: The difference between a learning difficulty and a learning disability (507.3 KB)
- Factsheet 2: What do we know about Dyslexia? (513.7 KB)
- Factsheet 3: What do we know about Dysgraphia? (624.9 KB)
- Factsheet 4: What do we know about Dyscalculia? (514.9 KB)
- Factsheet 5: What is working memory? (503.6 KB)
- Factsheet 6: What is phonological Processing? (617.6 KB)
- Factsheet 7: What is orthographic Processing? (534.5 KB)
- Factsheet 8: Identifying and Diagnosing Specific Learning Difficulties (505.4 KB)
- Factsheet 9: Use of Assistive Technology (628.0 KB)
Information and Fact Sheets around Gifted & Talented Students in ACT government Schools
With Particular reference to 'Dual Exceptionality'
AUSPELD – Australian Federation of SPELD Associations
This website provides links to all SPELD associations and to evidence-based resources for parents and educators.
AUSPELD provides an excellent free resource for parents .
Code REaD Dyslexia Network Australia
This site provides free evidence-based information and resources to assist parents and educators.
Learning Difficulties Australia
An Australian association of teachers and professionals working with students and learning difficulties through effective teaching practices based on scientific research.
Macquarie University Special Education Centre (MUSEC)Briefings
An archive of MUSEC briefings to inform special educators and other professionals about the evidence base for a variety of educational practices.
Speech Pathology Australia
Speech Pathology Australia (the Association) has a range of fact and information sheets on a number of important topics. If you are unable to find information on a specific topic contact the Association .
Resources, tips and advice for using technology to support students with specific learning difficulties
ParentLink is a primary prevention community education program that provides parenting information to parents within the ACT and region.
Vision Australia Audiobook library
Join the library. Membership is free and available to people who have Australian residence and a print disability.
ACT Council of Parents & Citizens Associations
The ACT Council of Parents & Citizens Associations is the peak body of ACT public school Parents and Citizens Associations.