Food and Drink Guidelines
The ACT Public School Food and Drink Policy 2015 is a key component of the ACT Government's Towards Zero Growth Healthy Weight Action Plan. The policy replaces the School Canteens Policy 2012 and the School Canteens Policy Implementation Procedures 2012.
The policy was developed in consultation with nutrition experts, parents and carers, students, and the broader community.
A suite of fact sheets have been developed to help school communities understand and implement the policy (available below).
The ACT Public School Food and Drink Policy 2015 and associated resources promote a whole school approach to the provision and sale of healthy food and drinks, and will support children to develop healthy eating and drinking habits from an early age.
The ACT Public School Food and Drink Policy is available on the Directorate’s Policies page.
- ACT Public School Food and Drink Policy 2015 Factsheet
- Amber Food and Drink Items Factsheet
- Canteen Licences Factsheet
- Choose Tap Water Factsheet
- Food Labelling in Canteens Factsheet
- Fresh Tastes: Healthy Food at School Factsheet
- Green Food and Drink Items Factsheet
- Healthy Lunchboxes Factsheet
- Healthy Treats Factsheet
- Red food and Drink Items Factsheet
- Resources for Canteens Factsheet
- Resources for Families Factsheet
- Resources for Schools Factsheet
- Sugary Drinks are Phased Out Factsheet
- The Healthy Weight Initiative Factsheet
- The Traffic Light System in Schools Factsheet
- Healthy Living - Healthy Fundraising Options Factsheet