Nominations now open until 30 September 2020
The ACT Public Education Awards recognise our staff members who go above and beyond to make a real difference to the lives of our students and our school communities.
We have so many exceptional staff working across our public schools and within our education support office and this is an opportunity for us to recognise the work and dedication of our colleagues.
In recognition of the challenges faced by schools and the Education Support Office during the COVID-19 pandemic, nominations are encouraged to also consider contributions and innovations during the emergencies of 2020.
There are eleven award categories. Nominations can be made for an individual or a group.
- Early Childhood Teacher of The Year
- Primary Teacher of the Year
- Secondary Teacher of the Year
- School Leader of the Year
- New Educator of the Year
- Leaders of the Year in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- Education Support Person of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Outstanding Partnership of the Year
- Education Support Office Employee of the Year
- Allied Health Professional
Please read through the Guidelines (1Mb) for information on each category.
How to nominate
Nominations close COB 30 September 2020.
How are the awards decided?
The awards will be judged by panels made up of members of our Executive Governance Committee, Executive Branch Managers and other staff within the Education Directorate.
The awards will be presented at an online virtual ceremony in November.
For further information or for assistance completing a nomination form, please contact the Directorate’s People and Performance team on firstname.lastname@example.org