There are simple things parents can do at home, and with their child's school, to help their child to do their best. Showing children that education is important, building their confidence and connecting with their school helps to shape children's learning and wellbeing.
"I think of it as a triangle - the student, the school and the parents/family. The child has the daily interaction with the school and we have daily interaction with the child, but it’s about keeping the lines of communication open between the school and the parents." (ACT Parent)
- Education Capital: Parent Fact Sheet (427.7 KB)
- Parental Engagement in High School Fact Sheet (254.7 KB)
- Parental Engagement: Communicating with Your Child's School (1.1 MB)
- Parental Engagement: Family-Led Learning - Engaging the Whole Family (1.1 MB)
- Parental Engagement: What You Can Do at Home - Parental Engagement in Early Childhood (1.1 MB)
- Parental Engagement: What You Can Do at Home - Parental Engagement in Primary School (1.1 MB)