The Canberra public school system is a leader in the provision of high quality and accessible education for all students.
This is something we are extremely proud of and something we are determined to build on and strengthen through inspirational teaching and leadership, connecting with families and the community, business innovation and improvement, and quality learning.
The Student Resource Allocation (SRA) Program provides for:
- learning environments that best meet student needs through innovative work practices, delegation, decision making, staff development and performance management, and special classroom assistance;
- updated and improved policy settings to guide school and system decision making
- increasing school level control over how resources are used based on what works best in their school and within system wide parameters;
- a fairer allocation of funding to schools based on student need;
- improved data about student and school performance; and
- improved administrative and school management systems such as the Schools Administration System (replacing MAZE).
SRA – Needs Based Funding
The Student Resource Allocation (SRA) has been developed to reflect the ACT Government’s commitment to implement a student needs-based school funding model for ACT public schools. The Directorate commenced the implementation of the SRA in 2016 to bring improvement in learning outcomes for all students. To date, most schools budget has been reviewed, designed and implemented under the SRA funding model. The Students with Disability loading is currently being reviewed for phased implementation from 2020 onwards.
The principles of student needs-based funding are to:
- drive broader school reform, value for money and accountability;
- ensure transparency and clarity of funding across schools and for school communities; and
- ensure that resources are directed to where they are most needed.
A description of the SRA in ACT Public Schools can be found here.
If you require more information about the SRA Program or its components, please contact Schools Resourcing and Finance on (02) 6205 5452.